Over the past thirty years Russell has completed a wide range of training in mental health service delivery, evidence based focussed psychological strategies, PTSD counselling, supervision, management and leadership. He has almost thirty years experience in supervised social work and counselling practice.
Formal Qualifications & Experience
Russell has a Bachelor of Social Work, a Graduate Diploma of Counselling, and a Graduate Diploma in Public Sector Management. He is an accredited Mental Health Social Worker with a Medicare Provider Number. Russell is also a member of the Clinical College of Social Workers.
With over 28 years of experience in mental health care you can trust that Russell has the experience necessary to help improve the quality of life for you or your organisation.
- McCashney Consulting (March 2014 – present)
- State Director VVCS - Veterans & Veterans Families Counselling Service (formerly Vietnam Veterans Counselling Service) (2008 – 2014)
- National Clinical Director (VVCS) Canberra (Sept 1999 - March 2000)
- Counsellor in WA and Tas for VVCS (1989 – 2007)
- Research Officer, Funding Program Manager and Service Development Coordinator Department of Community Services (WA) (1988 - 1989)
- Technical Coordinator Perth Information Technology Centre (ITeC) – 1986 - 1988
- Australian Association of Social Workers, (AASW) (1983 - Present)
- Australian College of Social Work (ACSW) (2016 - Present)
- Tasmanian Council of Social Services (TasCOSS) (2014 – Present)
- Mental Health Professionals Network (MHPN) (2008 – Present)
Boards / Committees
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) (1983 - Present)
- Australian College of Social Work (ACSW) - Clinical Division Working Party (2016 - Present)
- Tas AASW Branch Management Committee since 2013 - current Branch President